January 20, 2006
Established at the dawn of the century, the San Francisco Motorcycle Club has thrived for over a hundred years.
There are plenty of fossils in this town, relics of another age, but the SFMC represents living history, from the days when motorcycles were little more than heavyweight bicycles with engines squeezed into their frames — suspension negligible, handling worse — up through the modern era.
But this isn’t about machines, it’s about people — and the members of second-oldest continuously operating motorcycle club in the country are just a friendly group of folks who love to ride, and happen to represent a living, breathing slice of San Francisco history.
For further edification:
» San Francisco Motorcycle Club
» Dudley Perkins -hall of fame
» Dudley Perkins dealership
» Hap Jones -hall of fame
» Glenn Curtiss museum
» Online motorcycle museum
» Vespa Club ride of a lifetime
» Hollister 1947
- San Francisco Timecapsule: 05.18.09
- #42: Alexander Leidesdorff — The Black Millionaire
- #52: Adolph Sutro, the Populist Millionaire
- #4: Steam Beer – The Authentic San Francisco Style
- tour review – pacific heights (sf architectural heritage)